To provide operational oversight and support to surgical service lines including interfacing with patients, hospital staff, physicians and general public to facilitate the smooth transition of patients through the continuum of care at the hospital and to facilitate improved patient, physician and hospital satisfaction with the service rendered.
· New York State Registered Nurse License.
· ACLS, BLS certification, de-escalation and first aid training.
· Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum 3 year experience in Vascular.
· Able to prioritize anticipate and alter activities throughout the day.
· Possess mature interpersonal skills, and demonstrates recognition of cultural diversity.
· Able to interact responsibly and calmly with physicians, patients and patients families.
· Able to communicate effectively with all members of the health care team.
· Possess excellent patient interview skills.
· Able to display a friendly, professional atmosphere for patient care.
· Communicates respect and caring to patients as individuals.
· Demonstrates flexibility in working hours and scheduled days to meet the patient care needs of the unit.
· Assumes responsibility and accountability for their own practice.
· Able to attend staff meetings according to hospital policy.
· Maintains knowledge and proficiency in the clinical area.